With the construction of the Tallebudgera and Currumbin Creek bridges in 1926 came an influx of motor vehicles and the same year the Palm Beach Hotel was opened as a convenient stopover for passing traffic.
Due to the much-needed infrastructure and the marketing of the recently opened estate, Palm Beach became popular with families from Brisbane, Ipswich, the Darling Downs with many acquiring land to build their timber and cheaper to construct fibro beach shacks.
Development remained slow until well after WW2 and in the late 50’s and 60’s the area saw more homes being built as the hordes of holiday makers also wanted their dream coastal getaway.
Some of the original homes are still present although most have been replaced by newer and more modern structures.
As jobs became more readily available many more families relocated to the area throughout the 70’s to the 90’s increasing demand for housing and an expansion of the suburb to what it is today.